about 1 year ago
We are an organization where parents and teachers come together to help enrich our children’s learning environment. We want all children to excel at South Walnut and by working together. We can make that happen. Your input is encouraged and greatly valued.
- Karen Shafer, President
- Ciera Tomsic, Vice President
- Tina Loomis, Secretary
- Amber Mortensen, Treasurer
Fall fundraiser items have arrived. If you have not picked up your child's fundraiser, please call Karen Shafer at (269) 427-6840 or come to Apple Tree Preschool and pick up your order.
Raffle Basket Project - Our annual raffle basket collection/sale is going on now. Notes have been sent home with your child. Raffle tickets will be on sale for $3.00 each or 2 for $5.00 at the annual Christmas Concert at the High School Gym. Below is a list of baskets and teachers. Thank you ahead of time for your donation to your child's class. All donations are due December 11th.
- Office Staff - School Supplies
- Specials Teachers/Special Ed Staff - Toy Treasures for Toddler Girls (ages 2-4)
- Para-Pros - Birthday Theme Party Basket
- Preschool - Miss Shafer - Toy Treasures for Girls (ages 5-12)
- Preschool - Mrs. Shafer - Toy Treasures for Toddler Boys (ages 2-4)Kindergarten - Mrs. Artis - Man's Best Friend
- Kindergarten - Mrs. Phillips - toy Treasures for Boys (ages 5-12)
- Kindergarten - Mrs. Szczypka - Mr. Clean
- 1st Grade - Mrs. Vassar - Road to Reading1st Grade - Mrs. Goodrich - Bakers Dozen
- 1st Grade - Mrs. Cowles - Everything Chocolate
- 2nd Grade - Mrs. Ward - Everything Bathroom
- 2nd Grade - Mrs. Lee - Movie Night
- 2nd Grade - Mrs. Hardester - Christmas Holiday
- 3rd Grade - Mrs. Jamrog - All Sports
- 3rd Grade - Mrs. Mortensen - Baby Girl
- 3rd Grade - Ricca - Lottery Tree
- 4th Grade - Mrs. Hoch - Art for Children
- 4th Grade - Mrs. Kolosar - Family Game Night
- 4th Grade - Mrs. Luter - Winter Fun Basket
about 1 year ago
Tina Loomis (Grades PK-4th)
Jennifer Zordan (Grades 5-12)
Our goal of a Parent Involvement Program is getting more participation from parents in the school system. When parents become more involved, the students have a better experience and the entire school district benefits.
Bangor has two Parent Involvement Coordinators (PIC) to handle the different aspects of the schools, kids ages and teachers needs. Parent involvement can range from being in a class room once a week to reviewing your student's Edline weekly to turning in Box Tops 4 Education.
Anything and everything you do makes a difference. There are 100's of ways to be involved, choose something you will enjoy and contact your PIC soon. And a big THANK YOU in advance! Thank you to all parents, grandparents and others that have helped out at our school programs, events, and in our classrooms.
We could not do it without you! Please be sure to update your contact information for the next school year. We are also found on Facebook: Parent Involvement - Bangor Vikings (MI)
Homeless Student Services
9 months ago
Bangor Public Schools Central Office
(269) 427-6800 extension 1100
(269) 427-6800 extension 3303
(269) 471-7725 extension 1126