Alternative Ed and Adult Ed
There are three indispensable goals for alternative schools:
- That students attend by choice.
- That the school or program be responsive to unmet local needs.
- That the student body reflect the racial and socio-economic mix of the community.
Virtual Vantage Academy’s Alternative Ed program is a free Michigan based alternative school designed to inspire and empower students, helping them reach their educational goals in a learning environment that will help them succeed on their own terms.
Virtual Vantage Academy has several options to help students achieve their academic goals. From high school completion to vocational training, students are on their path to success.
Virtual Vantage Academy offers students the flexibility to succeed on their own terms. Students are able to graduate and receive their high school diploma despite the daily obstacles they may face.
- Students finish high school on their own terms
- Students can finish as quickly as they like
- Educators are available for one-on-one help
- Students are empowered to finish what they started
Take the next step towards earning your high school diploma through Virtual Vantage Academy. We feel we have one of the most important things in life to offer you, and it is absolutely FREE! It’s a chance to go back to school and earn your diploma. These classes are designed for adults and are taught by skilled teachers who understand what it is to return to studies after you have been out of school for a number of years.
Virtual Vantage offers adults flexible opportunities to complete your high school education…online or on campus, the choice is yours.
Bangor Community Education Adult Programs offered include:
Adult Lab Available Monday – Thursday 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm for the following programs:
High School Completion – Earn the credit you need to complete your high school diploma. Online courses are available through Edgenuity 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
GED Preparation – Master the skills needed to pass all four segments of the GED Test: Reasoning Through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Science and Social Studies. Study at your own pace with the help of certified Instructors and computerized programs that pin point your strengths, then prescribe the right material to help you pass the GED TEST.
Adult Basic Education (ABE) – Looking to “brush up” or improve your Math, Reading or Writing skills? The Adult Basic Education classes are her to help. Flexible scheduling and staff support, to help you get where you want to be.
Classes offered Tuesday, Thursday & Friday mornings from 9:30 am – 12:00 pm and Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm for the following program:
English As A Second Language (ESL)
- Aprenda a hablar, leer y escribir ingles, entodos los niveles (Learn to speak, read and write English)
- Preparese para hacerse cuidadano Americano (Prepare for United States Citizenship)
- Enternamiento para empleo: applicaciones, resumes, entrevistas (Learn to cope with daily living in America, Work and Job Skills)